Monday, 29 December 2014

5 Goals for 2015

I really enjoy having goals because it helps me reflect on what I've already accomplished while moving me forward.  My work related goals are:

1. Applications
There are very few grants and awards that are open to Canadian educators.  I do plan though on writing three applications this year.  Now to find three Canadian opportunities...

2. Time
I have found that this school year has been a very exhausting one. My time goal is really two goals in one.  First, I would like to make sure that I make time for teachers I don't usually see during the school year. I want to make time to sit down and plan with these individuals. I realize that it is going to take more time than I usually spend collaborating with my colleagues who frequent the library.  The second part of the time goal is that I need to carve out time for myself during the school day.  In 2015, I'm taking back my lunch and putting myself first for 25 minutes of the day .  

3. Leadership
My leadership goal is about being true to myself and continuing to fight for what I believe in. This goal is also about continuing to learn more about leadership and pushing myself. I was just accepted into the district's Leadership Academy which starts in January.  As you can imagine, I'm terribly nervous about the whole thing, yet at the same time, hopeful that I'll learn a thing or two.

4. Redesigning
My library has really undergone a magnificent transformation over the last 18 months, thanks to my amazing library assistant. I want to continue to re-envision the library by staying on top of trends in libraries and trying to incorporate them into my library.

5. Balance
I don't know about you but this is going to be the hardest goal of 2015 - finding balance. I work a lot. Indeed, I don't think I ever really turn my work brain off. I'm constantly reading and thinking about how my reading connects to school. I am really going to make an effort though to spend some time focusing on life outside of work.
 
What are your goals for 2015?


No comments:

Post a Comment